Skip to content
Soccer Bullet
Menu
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Premier Soccer League
    • Betway Premiership
    • Motsepe Foundation Championship
    • Kaizer Chiefs
    • Orlando Pirates
    • Mamelodi Sundowns
  • English Premier League
  • TRENDING NEWS
    • Transfer Centre
  • International
    • UEFA Champions League
    • UEFA Europa League
    • African Football
    • CAF Champions League
    • CAF Confederation Cup
    • Africa Cup Of Nations
    • Bundesliga
    • LaLiga
    • Ligue 1
    • Serie A
    • Women’s Football
  • About
Menu

Mamelodi Sundowns outcasts lined up for shock move to Siwelele

Posted on July 18, 2025
95

Mamelodi Sundowns three side lined stars are being targeted by Siwelele FC, the ambitious new outfit preparing for its first Betway Premiership campaign in 2025/2026

The club, which acquired SuperSport United’s top-flight status, has already kicked off training in Johannesburg and is working swiftly to shape a competitive squad.

Siwelele Targets Maema amid Sundowns snub

Among the prime targets is Neo Maema, the talented 29-year-old who began his professional journey at Bloemfontein Celtic. Despite his promise, Maema struggled for consistent game time under coach Miguel Cardoso last season.

He started just six matches, came off the bench 11 times, and appeared in 29 matchday squads from a possible 54 fixtures. Siwelele believes he could rediscover his form with regular football and the backing of a fresh project.

Mashego in the crosshairs after forgettable season

Siwelele have also inquired about Terrence Mashego, another Sundowns player who failed to break into the starting XI consistently. The former Cape Town City left-back played just seven games from the start and made six substitute appearances.

Coach Cardoso opted to deploy Divine Lunga and Aubrey Modiba ahead of Mashego, pushing the 28-year-old down the pecking order. Mashego’s exclusion from the squad that travelled to the FIFA Club World Cup only intensified speculation about his future.

Johannes struggles to impress at Chloorkop

Kegan Johannes, who made a high-profile move from SuperSport United, has found life difficult at Sundowns. The right-back, recovering from injury, managed just two starts and four substitute appearances all season. He remains behind Khuliso Mudau and Thapelo Morena in the pecking order.

Johannes also missed out on the Club World Cup trip, fuelling rumours that a loan or permanent move to Siwelele could offer him the opportunity to reignite his career.

While Siwelele is scouting talent from the Brazilians, several former SuperSport players are heading for the exit. Thulani Hlatshwayo is reportedly set to reunite with Gavin Hunt at Durban City FC. Meanwhile, veteran striker Bradley Grobler has joined Sekhukhune United, and Terrence Dzvukamanja is also set to move on.

Interestingly, a few unexpected names have surfaced during Siwelele’s pre-season. Jesse Donn, who retired from professional football last year, was seen participating in a training match, possibly hinting at a return.

Former SuperSport defender Buhle Mkhwanazi, who exited during the COVID-19 pandemic over vaccine concerns, is also back in the mix, along with ex-Kaizer Chiefs man Kamohelo Mahlatsi and former Pirates midfielder Xola Mlambo, who are both on trial.

Will Mamelodi Sundowns allow the trio to join Siwelele?

Let us know by leaving a comment below or send a WhatsApp to 060 011 021 1.
Subscribe to The South African website’s newsletters and follow us on WhatsApp, Facebook, X, and Bluesky for the latest news.

Latest News

  • Al-Ahly fire head coach Jose Riveiro
  • Al Ahly terminate Jose Riveiro’s contract
  • Appollis On What Pirates Coach Told Them
  • Pirates hammer hapless Chippa to move up to fifth spot
  • What Nabi told his Kaizer Chiefs players 

About Us

COLORMAG
Soccer Bullet is a weekly football newspaper with a large focus on PSL football stars, breaking news and football features from renowned journalists in the industry.
The Soccer Bullet website is your 24 hour portal to the latest football news as well as a content hub where you can access on Soccer Bullet Website Sales Email: info@soccerbullet.co.za
COLORMAG
Soccer Bullet is a weekly football newspaper with a large focus on PSL football stars, breaking news and football features from renowned journalists in the industry.
The Soccer Bullet website is your 24 hour portal to the latest football news as well as a content hub where you can access on Soccer Bullet Website Sales Email: info@soccerbullet.co.za

Latest News

  • Al-Ahly fire head coach Jose Riveiro
  • Al Ahly terminate Jose Riveiro’s contract
  • Appollis On What Pirates Coach Told Them
  • Pirates hammer hapless Chippa to move up to fifth spot
  • What Nabi told his Kaizer Chiefs players 
  • Foster Reacts To Man United Defeat
  • ‘New Kaizer Chiefs teenager is like Zwane and Iniesta’
©2025 Soccer Bullet | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme